Table of Contents
Hello, readers welcome to Medico IQ. In this article we write about Dengue fever -Symptoms, Treatment, Causes & Home Remedies
What is dengue fever?
Dengue is a mosquito-borne flaviviruses.
Dengue fever is the arthropod-borne (mosquito larvae Born) disease.which is caused by four different types of viruses DENV 1-4. and they spread by many species of female mosquito of Aedes Aegitpy type and Aedes albopictus. Dengue may include fever, skin rashes, headache, vomiting, Muscles pain, and joint pain .and it also called as “break-bone Fever” because sometimes they cause severe joint pains muscles pain and this pain feels like bone are breaking.
It is a disease of tropical and sub-tropical regions affecting an urban and peri-urban area. This fever is an acute viral infection and occurs epidemic and endemic form in India.
The increase of dengue and dengue hemorrhagic fever occur due to increases in population urbanizations inappropriate water managements travel tirade.
This disease occurs frequently in the rainy season and immediately afterword (July & October) India. This is a mosquito-borne viral disease caused by arboviruses and transmitted through human peripherally by the mosquito.
CAUSES OF DENGUE
These viruses are occurred since 100-800 year ago from a monkey according to CDC. This fever is also spread by bites of mosquito in this cases of mosquito are “AEDES AEGITPY & AEDES ALBOPICTUS” mosquito.
The sing and symptoms of this disease are confused by those other diseases like malaria, typhoid fever, so we can be tested in a laboratory. The true diagnosis has occurred through a laboratory test.
- Laboratory Test – In laboratory dengue can be tested by isolated a virus by serological test and molecular methods.in a laboratory test result clearly find out their virus.
- History taking – The dengue fever, when started, is weakness started to fever, skin rashes chills.
- completely blood count.
- Physical examinations
- Antibodies test IgM &IgG.
Transmission of infections to man through bites of an infected mosquito
Virus gain entry
Vascular permeability increases
Generally, they begin with sudden onset of the fever, headache, joint pain, muscles pain, and skin rashes. Their symptoms are divided into three types
1.Simple dengue fever (SDF)
- Fever– sudden onset of high fever with the child that cause by mosquito bites.
- Weakness fatigue
- Sore thought
- Muscles & joint pain.
- Rashes on skin
2.Dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF)
- Epistaxis (Nose bleeding)
- Damage lymph and blood vessels
- Lower no of platelets
- Blood spot on under the skin
- Decrease pulse
3.Dengue shock syndrome
Dengue shock usually found after 2-7 days of fever the patient present with cold congested blotchy skin, rapid weak pulse lethargy restless salute abdominal pain because the onset of shock.hypertension is reduced pulse pressure is found.
- There is no specific treatment for dengue fever.
- Sympathetic should be done with bed rest, hydrotherapy.
- Antipyretic (Paracetamol) for high fever.
- Analgesic for pain may be used but salicylates (aspirin) should be avoided because it may participate in bleeding tendency and metabolic acidosis.
- Oral fluid intake with ORS and fruit juice are preferred to plain water.
- Blood transfusion may be needed in severe hemorrhagic manifestation.
- Management of shock and other complication should be done properly with IV fluid therapy.
- Antipyretics- Paracetamol
- Analgesic – Ibuprofen, nimesulide
- Antiviral -Acyclovir
VACCINES OF DENGUE FEVER
Nowadays dengue vaccines are available in 11 countries. The first vaccines of dengue is a “Dengvaxia” Sanofi Pasteur was first registered from Mexico. (CYD-TDV) .(CYT-TDV) live in recombinant tetrarelevent dengue vaccine has been evaluated as 3 dose series.
Here some of the effective home remedies you can follow if you cause dengue fever.
- Papaya leave-juice – This is no drug-based treatment for the disease this is a popular natural remedy for this disease in papaya leaf juice. Papaya leaves are a natural cure for dengue fever. they help to increase your platelet count because they contain more nutrients and an organic compound and they also have vitamin C which is a help to improve your immune systems.
- Orange– Sweet orange or lime lemon also very well processed into juice because it is rich a vitamin c and antioxidant which helps the recovery of antibodies and they help to eliminate dengue fever viruses. orange repair your body cells because they have contained vitamin-C
- Coconut water – The content of electrolyte and minerals present in coconut water is good for the body on the replacement of this fever.
- Vegetable juice – carrot, cucumber & green leafy vegetables juice well to provide the basic nutrition of the human body.
- Neem Leave– Generally all people know neem has medicinal properties. neem increase the platelet and white blood cell count and it also increases the immune system. drink neem for cure dengue.
- Basil Leave (Tulsi) – This is a help to cure dengue fever.and they also help to increase the immunity power of our body. chewing 5-6 basil leaves daily.basil is the ayurvedic treatment of dengue fever.
- Use mosquito repellent.
- Wear long-sleeve cloths.
- Stay away from highly infected mosquito populations areas.
- Use mosquito coils.
- Use a mosquito net.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Throw away the water container.
- Cover water tank to containers.
- Use insecticides
- Breed small fishes.
- Clear clogged drain.
In this article, we have written full detail about what is dengue fever and how to they cause in the human body, their symptoms, diagnosis, and how to treat and prevent of dengue fever and we write some effective home remedies.
Generally, dengue fever is caused in the rainy season because the mosquito thrives in the rainy season and dengue is caused by a mosquito. they cause by four dengue viruses DENV-1,2,3,4. their common symptoms are fever, headache, joint pain, muscles pain, vomiting, etc.and they treat by antiviruses drugs, antipyretic drugs, pain killer drug, and some home remedies.